Monday, April 18, 2011

What's Hot Now- Philanthropy

It seems like this troubled world is never going to get by sometimes, but I am happy to tell you that a new fad is coming around that will keep you comfortable and oh so stylish.
One of my personal favorites are the adorably comfy Toms. When you buy one of these cute pairs of shoes they will donate a similar pair to third-world countries. Google these shoes and tell me if it can get better than this. I couldn't resist and got a pair for my birthday.

Moving on to cleanliness (I know, the subject you all want to discuss.) Right now Lush handmade cosmetics is selling an amazing smelling soap, in which all the proceeds go toward helping the natural disaster clean up for Japan through a charity called Peace Boat. This soap is only 5.95 and plus it looks like the Japanese flag, what's not to like?

Ok, food. Last weekend, I tried a new, hip burger joint on Wellington and Sheffield, right behind the Wellington brown line stop. This place has gourmet burgers, paired with unlikely, but tasty condiments and extras. I had the pleasure of going with ten of my family members, so I could try a wide range of burgers. I personally got the number 1 burger. They also have good salads, milkshakes, salt and pepper french fries, and killer Mac and Cheese. Now I get to the point, above the bar, they have a list of organizations around Chicago they donate to each month, so you can know you are eating your amazing burger for a good cause.

Finally, if you happen to have a few extra minutes, I reccomend going on one of these two websites (or both) to further benefit this planet.

freepoverty.com
freerice.com

On freepoverty, you play a geography game, and based on the number of points you donated cups of water to places that need it, and on freerice, you play a vocabulary game and for each right answer you donate 10 grains of rice.

Thanks! And sit back, relax, and save the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment