Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stuck in the Room Slump

I don't know what has gotten into me the past few days, but apparently my new obsession is interior decorating. For right now my room is an average teen's room (perhaps more messy), but as I recently graduated and now it is summer I have nothing to do other than obsess over the looks of my room. I can't explain it, but there is a certain look I am trying to obtain by moving things around and purchasing a few new accents, which is sort of a mix between international, vintage indie, and boho, which is a harder task than it seems. My first step was cleaning my room, which I have mostly accomplished, but it has been a dreary yet oddly rewarded path to success (including me finding many personal journals and notebooks I have written in in my early childhood.) The other step which I attempted to start today, but disappointingly failed was looking for new things for my room. I took a trip down to the North and Clyborn area and toured many of their home decorating stores, but because of my certain taste did not strike gold. I did buy a pillow from Pier 1, but not under the store's fluorescent lighting was a horrifyingly ugly pillow, which I need to return immediately.

My one vice of a home decorating store is anthropologie. I has exactly what I am looking for, but is way way way way too expensive for me to even afford their adorable painted knob handle things. If I ever find a new look for my bedroom, I will give you guys a post about it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment